Net Visionary Award 2016
All functionality which is currently available on the website version of Parcel Wizard should be included in the first phase of the app. A brief overview of this functionality is as follows :
- Shows the approximate location of the delivery vehicle to the consignee
- Indicates the number of stops between now and when the driver will be delivering the parcel
- Tells the consignee the name of the driver and the shipper
- Displays the Predicted window
- Register / Recruit
- Account Setup / Edit Track & Trace including mapping functionality
- Calendar View & Setup Address Book
- View & Setup Reschedule / Manage Deliveries
- Social Media Integrations
- Display past deliveries
"Having successfully worked with Software Design on the rebranding of the dpd.ie website in 2015, DPD Ireland chose to partner with them on the development of the DPD Ireland Parcel Wizard App. The combination of Software Design’s App development expertise and design flair and the DPD Ireland’s in-house IT development experience an d marketing resources produced a strong team. The DPD Ireland Parcel Wizard App was an important stage in the development of the Parcel Wizard consume r platform. Parcelwizard.ie was launched in 2014 to respond to the consumer ’s need to be able to manage the delivery of his/her parcels.
Originally introduced as a responsive website, the App version of Parcel Wizard provides a further channel for the consumer to engage with DPD and great additional functionality like geolocation, push notifications, personalisation of the driver through inclusion of images, payment options and much more. "
Maeve Dwyer, Service Delivery & Marketing Manager, DPD