We are looking for an experienced WordPress developer to join our friendly and hardworking team. You’ll be enthusiastic with a positive attitude, dedication and willingness to work hard, sometimes under high production pressure.
Working as part of our development team, you will report to the development manager. You will be able to work with minimal supervision, individually or as part of a team. There are opportunities to work on a wide variety of varied projects and technologies and this role is ideally suited to a candidate with a keen interest in development.
- Build websites, prototypes and applications using the latest frontend technologies
- Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
- Working closely with both the design and project resources to achieve the best possible results in web projects from conception right through to delivery.
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice.
- Self motivated, goal oriented and able to work in a team environment.
- Use common sense at all times and pay close attention to detail.
- Committed, enthusiastic, sincere, trustworthy and conscientious.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis
Required skills and experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building
- WordPress sites using the best practice & de facto standard plugins
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions
- Creation of custom post types. Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with WordPress coding standards
- Creation of clean, logical, well documented and reusable code
- Theme/template integration. Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) beneficial
- Experience creating multilingual websites
- Good understanding of cross platform and cross browser issues. Experience with creating responsive websites. Use of jQuery / AJAX / Prototype Experience with Git a plus.